Victim Resources

Resources for Victims of Domestic Violence

  • HARBOR – A shelter for women and children who are victims of domestic and/or sexual violence. The Harbor shelter provides a 24-hour crisis line that gives support and guidance to help start building your new life.
  • CRISIS LINE: (919) 631-5478 / 24-hour information
  • GOOD NEIGHBOR HOUSE: (919) 934-9257
    Provides shelter to victims with a previous history of domestic violence.
    This organization provides several services that include case management, crisis intervention, budget counseling, job placement, also working with individuals and families to help them to become self-sufficient.
For Assistance, Call:
Johnston County Sheriff’s Office(919) 989-5010
Emergency9-1-1 OR
(919) 989-5000
Magistrate(919) 209-5462
Clerk of Court(919) 209-5400
District Attorney(919) 209-5520
Harbor(919) 938-3566
Mental Health(919) 989-5500
Department of Social Services(919) 989-5300
Department of Social Services (en Espanol)(919) 989-5642
Domestic Violence Hotline1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

Restraining Orders & No Contact Orders

Restraining Orders, also known as Domestic Violence Protection Orders, and no contact orders are orders issued by a judicial official and served and enforced by law enforcement.

To obtain either a domestic violence protection order or a no-contact you must go to the Johnston County Clerk of Court to begin the process. You will then have to appear before a judicial official before obtaining an order.

The Johnston County Clerk of Court is located at 207 E Johnston St, Smithfield, NC 27577 and more information about the clerk’s office can be found online.

Involuntary Commitments (IVC)

Involuntary commitments are taken out on a person when an individual shows signs/symptoms (Psychiatric or Substance Use) that indicate potential danger to self or others.

Involuntary commitments can be taken out by immediate family members, law enforcement, and medical professionals. There is no mandatory amount of hold time for IVC’s but initial examinations must be completed within 24 hours.

To obtain an Involuntary Commitment one must appear before a magistrate.

For more information on IVC’s please see the NCDHHS website on Involuntary Commitments.

Search for Sexual Offenders

Use the links below to find out more about sex offenders in your area:

Find Missing Persons

Three of the major resources for missing persons: